Savage Earth: Cold Moon
Large and tough herbivores, the Tricenklor are a subspecies of the Anklor who lost much of their natural armour and the tail weapon, developing instead a skull fringe often accompanied by horns. They resemble Dinosaurs such as the Triceratops and the Pachyrhinosaurus, with squat well muscled bodies and large armoured heads.
Before the Carnivore and herbivore saurians came to an accord the Tricenklor stood as the last line between the predators and their prey. They make good soldiers and a small unit of Tricenklor is said to be worth an army of any other breed.
Considered reliable and resilient these saurians are found in most settlements, often as town guard. Benefitting greatly from their natural vigor and size, the homo Ceratopsidae find employment both as manual labourers and in the Saurian armed forces and law enforcement careers; however they are most popular in the fighting pits where they are rarely pitted against species other than other Anklor.
Outside of cities the Tricenklor retain something of a herd mentality and their rural settlements are often the largest gatherings of Saurians in the wilderness. They have mastered many talents that aid their herbivorous lifestyle and have been known to oppose overt urbanisation when it encroaches on what they see as their territory.
- Block: Tricenklor have evolved natural defences and the skills to employ them. As with the Edge advanced Block, the Tricenklor gain a +2 to Parry.
- Natural Weapons: The Horns and tail of the Tricenklor allow them to buffet or tail slap in combat for Str+d4 damage. In addition, the Horns of Tricenklor allow them to gouge large opponents in combat for Str+d6 damage. Large predators (and smart humanoids) tend to think twice before attacking such a creature. Smaller targets rarely need to worry about such cumbersome weaponry however and against the most nimble opponents the horns can even be a hindrance.
- Tough: Anklor are stout and tough. They start with a d6 Vigor instead of a d4.
- Giant Killer: Tricenklor evolved from herbivorous well armoured Dinosaurs designed to prevent difficult targets to large carnivores and they retain some of that design. They receive +1d6 when attacking large creatures.
- Warm Natured: Though not truly coldblooded, saurians are not comfortable in cold environments. They suffer a –4 penalty to resist cold environmental effects.
- Slow: Tricenklor have a Pace of 5”.