Savage Earth: Cold Moon
Half as tall again as a normal human and inherently ferocious, Nitzsche are the most common of the ‘savage’ Saurian races. They are believed to have evolved first of all the hominid reptiles according to saurian scientists and their presence is felt throughout saurian society. In fact it is fair to say that the Nitzsche are the standard or ‘common’ Saurian carnivore in much the same way as Humans/homo sapiens are common human.
Their heads are quite large and their mouths are filled with sharp teeth. Together with their love of elaborate blade weapons, the Nitzsche present a fearsome image when first seen. Appearances can be deceptive however, although filled with a terrible bloodlust when their passion are roused, Nitzsche are highly intelligent and have achieved a great deal in their history. Much of Saurian culture springs from Nitzsche urging and they are commonly the leaders of advanced settlements. From the cities of the Eastern Empire to the vast Jungle domains, Nitzsche dominate the saurian species and are second only to the Anklor in number.
From their first appearance in south America the Nitzsche populated the majority of the world and probably watched other saurians evolve as they spread out. Cities in the Mesoamerican Jungles appear to have been continually inhabited for well over two million years and the lay out seem designed for Nitzsche physiology. Even now they prefer Jungle environments for their own seats of power, even if individual members are found almost everywhere.
The Nitzsche culture is based upon personal ability and the ‘will to power’. If you can achieve something, then you ought to do so. Morality is set by the victor and almost anything can be excused if it leads to that victory. While capable of love and the usual range of emotions, Nitzsche choose their breeding partners based upon their perceived genetic superiority and this has led to an unstructured caste system. The most powerful females choose the most powerful males to mate with, those of lesser ability are left to mate with their equals, and so on down the pecking order.
- Natural Weapons: The tails, claws and teeth of Carnid allow them to tail slap, bite or slash in combat for Str+d4 damage.
- Agile: Some Saurians have the dextrous grace of their ancestors. They start with a d6 Agility attribute instead of a d4.
- Thus spake the Dragon kings: The Nitzsche believe in their own capabilities and measure others by their accomplishments. Those who cannot rise to the challenge deserve to be left behind by evolution and so a Nitzsche never backs down from a challenge. They are not suicidal (because most challenges can be beaten just as well with brains and deceit) but they certainly take on more than common sense dictates.
- Saurian Senses: Saurians’ lizard tongues can “taste” the air, giving them +2 to Notice rolls. They are always considered active guards for Stealth checks.
- Warm Natured: Though not truly coldblooded, saurians are not comfortable in cold environments. They suffer a –4 penalty to resist cold environmental effects.