Savage Earth: Cold Moon
Descended from ankylosaurids, the Anklor are by far the largest saurian breed with almost impenetrable hides and thick armoured scales on their backs. In many Anklor the blunt scales of their ancestors have evolved into sharper protrusions, while others have banded scales like an armadillo. While they have neither sharp teeth nor claws, they do have a bulbous mallet attached to the end of their tale which can go significant damage to those it strikes.
Manual labour, at a slow and steady pace, is the ideal lifestyle for most Anklor and they are fond of telling others about the Anklor and the Ripper (a saurian version of the rabbit and the hare). Even those who take up a life of adventuring are less likely to be risk takers and more comfortable with the determined approach or even better, with following the well considered plan of someone else’s devising.
The Anklor race are at the lower end of saurian society both because of their herbivore ancestry and their somewhat simplistic outlook. Lack of intellect has, however, been of little hindrance when compared to their brute strength and natural armour. It is said of the saurian cities that they rest on the backs of the Anklor and one of the strongest Saurian religions believes that the earth rest on the back of a giant Ankylosaur.
Anklor find employment as general or manual labour, where their natural talents do the most for them. Others fill the variety of menial jobs within society from resource gathering to urban maintenance. The Ankor are the everyman breed of saurian found working in shops, sleeping in the gutter, drinking in the taverns and digging in the mines.
- Strong: Anklor have some of the strength of their ancestry. They start with a d6 Strength attribute instead of a d4.
- Natural Weapons: The tails of Anklor allow them to tail slap in combat for Str+d6 damage.
- Tough: Anklor are stout and tough. They start with a d6 Vigor instead of a d4.
- Warm Natured: Though not truly coldblooded, saurians are not comfortable in cold environments. They suffer a –4 penalty to resist cold environmental effects.
- Slow: Anklor have a Pace of 5”.